By Malini Mannath
30th October 2012 01:39 PM
Cast: Bharat, Sunaina, Rajkiran and others
After a fairly long hiatus,Perarasu is back with ‘Thiruthani’. Like his earlier films, this too is titled after a place, has larger than life characters,and is unpretentious with all the ‘masala’ ingredients. But we know what to expect from a Perarasu film: cops, politicians and rowdies.
The better moments in the film are the ones between Bharath and Rajkiran. Bharath has put in a good effort. Rajkiran gets the best of lines, his sobriety and dignified demeanour the key strength of the film. A spate of killings follow, Thiruthani daring the cops to catch him. Sunaina is pert and vivacious as the orphan who loves Velu.
The film is not as loud and as melodramatic as the director’s earlier ventures. In fact with slight alterations, it would have been an ideal script for a mass hero like vijay. Some of the situations do generate unintended humour.
Fights and songs alternate, the dance numbers one-too-many. The fight just before theinterval is well choreographed, and an exciting one. Velu’s moves regarding relocation of his family members, could have been better arranged. ‘Thiruthani’ is unpretentious masala fare, which delivers more than what one had expected of it.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Shun hatred to live with peace