Snoop Dogg busted by sniffer dog in Norway
By Associated Press
29th June 2012 12:09 PM
OSLO: Norwegian media are reporting that Snoop Dogg was briefly detained in Norway after entering the country with marijuana and a large amount of cash.
Customs officials decline to confirm the report, saying only that an American artist entered Norway with a small amount of marijuana that was detected by a sniffer-dog. Norwegian law prevents law enforcement officials from naming suspects.
A customs officer who spoke on condition of anonymity said on Thursday that the artist was also carrying more cash than is legally allowed and was subsequently fined 52,000 kroner ($8,600) for the violations.
Snoop Dogg was scheduled to perform on Thursday at a musical festival in the southern town of Kristiansand. The rapper, whose name is Calvin Broadus, has in the past been arrested on marijuana possession.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling