Fiona Apple arrested for hashish in West Texas
By The Associated Press - EL PASO, Texas
21st September 2012 11:33 AM
Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple has been arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas town after a Border Patrol drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.
Hudspeth County sheriff's office spokesman Rusty Flemming says Apple spent Wednesday night in the county jail and was released Thursday on a $10,000 bond.
Fleming says Apple "had a little tiny amount of pot and hash." Fleming says marijuana possession in small amounts is a misdemeanor, while hashish in any quantity is a felony in Texas.
Apple's publicist, Ambrosia Healy, didn't immediately respond to an email request for comment.
The Sierra Blanca checkpoint inspects thousands of vehicles daily and sends the town thousands of drug cases yearly. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and actor Armand Hammer have been arrested in Sierra Blanca on marijuana charges.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas