No '4th Degree' glamour for Meera Nandan
By Navamy Sudhish
25th July 2012 03:17 PM
Think Meera Nandan and the image pops up in your mind is that of a demure lass sans any extra glam appeal. Though we have never seen her in the form of quintessential diva on or off screen, the industry circles were recently abuzz with the news that the ‘Mulla’ girl will turn a glam goddess for ‘4th Degree’, her second Telugu outing. Meera, who has completed the first schedule of the film, clears the air, “My character in the film will be leagues apart from all the roles I have played so far. But ‘different’ doesn’t mean I will be shedding my cloths”.
Though her look for the film is still kept under wraps, Meera says there won’t be anything outrageous. “It’s a downright metro movie, but it doesn’t require me to step out of my comfort zone either. Unlike most of my Malayalam films, I will be playing an out-and-out urbanite and my costumes will be in tune with that. In the simplest sense it won’t be another plane Jane outing. I will be sporting an uber cool look for the first time and I cannot reveal anything more than this as of now,” she says. Meera says contrary to reports ‘4th Degree’ has her in performance-oriented role. “It was a real challenge to accept the role as I have never tried anything like this before,” she says. The entire film, directed by Vamsi Krishna, will be shot in Malaysia.
Meera also adds that her tryst with Telugu industry has been wonderful so far. “The cast and crew members are all very supportive and I have never passed through any fish-out-of-water situations.”
Meera’s last Mollywood outing was Vyaskh’s multistarrer ‘Mallu Singh’ where she was cast opposite Manoj K Jayan. She will be soon seen in the ‘Madirashi’ directed by Shaji Kailas and in the film she teams up with Jayaram. “I play a teacher in the film and it’s a bubbly character so full of life,” she adds.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out