‘Vadhyar’ arrives on Friday
By Express Features - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
05th June 2012 10:55 AM
It’s time to watch Jayasurya once again in his naughty avatar. Debutante Nidheesh Shakthi’s ‘Vadhyar’ has him playing a government school teacher who takes up that profession not out of choice. The story revolves around Anoop Krishnan (Jayasurya) who wants to do a degree in business administration but ends up with B Ed. He arrives as a teacher at Kottapuram Saraswathi Vilasam U P School, a trouble-free zone under the guidance of its head mistress Subhadra (Menaka). What happens when a teacher who has no interest in his profession forms the crux of the story.
Though the filming of ‘Vadhyar’ started much earlier the shooting had to be postponed when lead actor Jayasurya met with an accident. The actor had to keep away from the sets for a couple of months following an injury delaying the film. Anne Augustine plays the female lead in the film.
Written by Rajesh Raghavan and produced by N Sudhish under the banner of Lakshminath Creations, the film also stars Nedumudi Venu, Vijayaraghavan, Bijukuttan, Harisree Ashokan and Anil Murali. Music is composed by R Gautham.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today