‘Ordinary’ pair returns
By Shibu BS
29th May 2012 12:58 AM
Having set the cash-registers ringing with their rapturous pairing in ‘khakhi’ uniforms, Kunchakko Boban and Biju Menon are in for an image makeover. Malayalam cinema’s latest hit duo, for the first time in their careers, will be seen in the roles of priests.
Both are preparing to wear tunics in ‘Janapriyan’ fame Boban Samuel’s yet to be titled movie.
After the extra-ordinary success of ‘Ordinary’, Kunchakko and Biju Menon have come to be considered as a lucky pair by many. But Boban says that this star cast was finalized before the shooting of ‘Ordinary’.
“After ‘Janapriyan’, I was looking for a different subject for my next project. At that time Y V Rajesh, who penned scripts for movies including ‘Gulumaal’ and ‘Three Kings’, told me the story of two young men, which I found pretty interesting. After hearing the story, I told Rajesh that Kunchakko and Biju Menon are apt for the characters, to which he too nodded his head,” says Boban Samuel.
Later, Boban Samuel told the story to Kunchakko and he readily agreed to do the movie. “What I am trying to say is that it is not success of ‘Ordinary’ that made both these actors my first choice for these roles,” he adds.
The new movie will be an out and out entertainer, assures Boban Samuel. “Set in the back drop of a beautiful village and a church, it will deal with funny happenings in the life of two men who are forced to wear the white robe of a priest,” he says.
He said that there would be a hidden mystery in the whole plot, which will raise it to the level of a thriller. “Manoj K Jayan and Lalu Alex portray other major characters in the movie. The heroine will be a new face,” he says. The shooting of the movie will start by October.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Knowledge and faith