By Express Features - KOCHI
18th January 2013 10:37 AM
Playing a mother on screen is easy, but when it comes to being a hands-on mom in real life it’s a different ball game altogether. Swetha Menon, who is taking a break to be with her baby girl, says she is enjoying every moment of it.
“Sabaiina is papa’s girl,” gushes an excited Swetha. The actress, who is all verbose when she speaks about her three-and-a-half-month-old baby and her father, reveals, “My husband is more committed than me, when it comes to taking care of the baby. He is a proud father.” Sabaiina means ‘the most beautiful person in the world’ and the actress says her husband Sreevalsan Menon has picked the name. “And she is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to us,” she smiles.
Swetha, who created quite a flutter with her decision to deliver in the midst of the arc lights and bring the 40-day-old baby to the State Awards function says, “A lot of tension involves while taking care of a newborn baby. I have no complaints, whatsoever comes on the way.” She adds, “Life has changed so much since the arrival of the baby. Motherhood is an eloquent experience. For me, every day is new now. With my daughter around, I learn new lessons each day.”
The actress took a sabbatical from the tinsel town when her career was in full swing. She says, “Though I have a line-up of exciting projects in the pipeline, my daughter is the first priority. I am planning to resume my career in March with ‘Kalimannu’, that is half way under production.” It was for Blessy’s ‘Kalimannu’, the film that unfolds the intricate relationship between a mother and a child, Swetha’s graceful moments were shot live. The film, that will be shot in different schedules, began on August first week 2012.
And on the buzz of Swetha returning back to small screen as the anchor of the third season of the family reality show, ‘Veruthe Oru Bharya’, she responds, “The third season will be more innovative and interesting. And, yes, I will make a comeback through the season.”
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection