Parvathy lands in Mollywood town
By Aswathy K
16th November 2012 03:29 PM
We last saw her romancing ‘thala’ Ajith in ‘Billa 2’. And now she is all the more excited with her debut to Mollywood through ‘KQ’. “Malayalam industry has always been considered a step higher for its good directors and actors. I am a Malayali and have grown watching Malayalam films, so acting in one has been in the charts for a long time,” says Parvathy who has already made her Bollywood and Kollywood debuts.
‘KQ’, helmed by debutant director Baiju Johnson is set completely against the backdrop of Mattanchery. It revolves around the lives of half Malayali - half North Indian ‘Anali Roshan’ (played by an upcoming actor Vettri) and ‘Vembala Benzeer’ (played by director Baiju Jhonson himself). The movie takes an unexpected turn when ‘Sunaina’ (played by Parvathy), a journalist working with London Times enters the lives of ‘Anali Roshan’ and ‘Vembala Benzeer’. Parvathy explains that ‘Sunaina’ is pretty much similar to her. “Though ‘Sunaina’ has a modern upbringing, she closely holds on to the traditions and cultural values in her heart. Thus I could connect the character with my own persona,” says Parvathy. The film will go on floors on November 20.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling