Black belt for Mohanlal
By Express Features
24th October 2012 01:55 PM
Padmasree Lieutenant Colonel Dr Mohanlal is all set to achieve one more title to his name. World Taekwondo Headquarters in Kukiwon functioning under the South Korean Government has decided to award Padmasree Lt.Col.Mohanlal with honorary Black Belt of Taekwondo for his contributions to Indian film industry.
Mohanlal is a state Wrestling Champion (1977-78) and also a sports enthusiast. He is the third person in country to receive this after Shah Rukh Khan and Mizoram Chief Minister, Lal Thanhawla.
The recognition is either earned through tedious practice or given to famous personalities as a token of honour. The date of the event is yet to be confirmed. “TAKE is working hard towards global recognition of Taekwondo, also we are aiming for 2016-Olympics where we hope that India bags Gold Medal for Taekwondo”, said Aji B (General Secretary of TAKE) at a Press Conference. TAKE is also conducting seminars spread across 14 districts, to encourage students to take up Taekwondo as a serious martial art.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today