'Traffic' goes to Tamil
By Express Features
16th October 2012 12:31 PM
Malayalam flick 'Traffic', which was a huge success at the box office and won critical acclaim for its subject that deals with organ donation, has been remade in Tamil as 'Chennaiyil Oru Naal'.
The film has been directed by Shaheed Kader, who made the original version and features multiple star actors including Cheran, actors Sarath Kumar, Radhika, Prakash Raj, Prasanna, Parvathi Menon and Jaya Prakash, among others.
The first look and the trailer of the film were released in the city recently. Sarathkumar, whose I Productions has co-produced the film along with Magical Frames of Listin Stephen, said he was approached to play a role in the original Malayalam version itself, but couldn’t take it up for various reasons. “But Listin Stephen was so nice when we approached him to remake the film in Tamil and agreed immediately,” he said.
However, the actor couldn’t get the role he wanted. “Not just me, but anyone who would want to do this film would like to portray the driver character in the film, because he is the hero. But after Aravind Samy’s suggestion, that I won’t be suitable for the role as the person should look weak, I gave up the idea. Cheran has played the role,” said Sarath Kumar.
Also, the actor who plays a police officer in the film donated his entire body recently without even informing his family. “Everyone should do it. The film will be an eye opener for everyone about organ donation,” he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online