‘This is not my second innings’
By A Sharadhaa
09th August 2012 02:23 PM
When producer, B Suresh decided to make his next movie, he knew he would grab eyeballs for just the star cast. The film, which went on floors recently has blockbuster hit jodi, Ganesh and actress Amoolya of Cheluvina Chittara fame. Though the actress wanted to stay away from limelight, she became the most wanted heroine in Kannada industry. Amoolya who last appeared in Manasalogy is back in action. She has now taken a break from college and is currently in Mysore shooting for the film opposite Golden Star, Ganesh.The film has been directed by Manju Swaraj. About facing the arclights after a long time, Amulya says, “It is nothing new for me. Just that I was bored in college. Shooting for this film will be a good change,” she chuckles.
Though Amoolya did not make an official statement of quitting the industry, there was news that the actress has stopped doing films for good. “Even before I called it quits, I heard about it from people,” says Amoolya, who even after quitting the film industry got a lot of offers.
“I did have people approaching me with scripts. But as I did not intend to do any more movies, I saw no point in reading them,” she explains.
For the actress, Manju Swaraj’s film was an old commitment. She says. “Like few others, director of this film had approached me two years ago with a good story. Back then I had told them that I was keen to work for the film. In a way, I had committed to this film long ago. I liked the story a lot and hence took up the project,” says Amoolya. Now that the actress is back to doing what she loves, she does not consider it as her second innings. “If you take my track record, I have done only one film every year. It is not like I am coming back after years. So you cant call it my second innings. Then this should be my sixth innings,” retorts Amoolya, who does not commit to all projects coming her way.
“I am studying now, which I am determined to complete. I don’t want to grab any fame by just doing films as I am here only for the passion for cinema. Not that I am in love with it completely. I take it as a hobby. This industry happened to me by accident. I got a chance and became famous. I have come back only for my fans who want to watch me on-screen. Just because I have committed to this film, doesn’t mean I will be doing a series of movies. I will take up projects that I like,” she asserts.
This film will see the hit jodi Ganesh and Amulya, though it will not see them on the same lines as their first film, Cheluvina. “My first film was quite a tragedy but this movie will be a total entertainer,” she says.
About her lead pair Ganesh, Amoolya says, “Another reason, I accepted this film is because today where ever I go, people ask me the same question, “Why don’t you do another film with Ganesh? Even today people address me as Aishu Maadesha. That’s why I want to work with Ganesh again. I am yet to speak to the star, which I will do in the near future,” she concludes.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP