‘This is not my second innings’
By A Sharadhaa
09th August 2012 02:23 PM
When producer, B Suresh decided to make his next movie, he knew he would grab eyeballs for just the star cast. The film, which went on floors recently has blockbuster hit jodi, Ganesh and actress Amoolya of Cheluvina Chittara fame. Though the actress wanted to stay away from limelight, she became the most wanted heroine in Kannada industry. Amoolya who last appeared in Manasalogy is back in action. She has now taken a break from college and is currently in Mysore shooting for the film opposite Golden Star, Ganesh.The film has been directed by Manju Swaraj. About facing the arclights after a long time, Amulya says, “It is nothing new for me. Just that I was bored in college. Shooting for this film will be a good change,” she chuckles.
Though Amoolya did not make an official statement of quitting the industry, there was news that the actress has stopped doing films for good. “Even before I called it quits, I heard about it from people,” says Amoolya, who even after quitting the film industry got a lot of offers.
“I did have people approaching me with scripts. But as I did not intend to do any more movies, I saw no point in reading them,” she explains.
For the actress, Manju Swaraj’s film was an old commitment. She says. “Like few others, director of this film had approached me two years ago with a good story. Back then I had told them that I was keen to work for the film. In a way, I had committed to this film long ago. I liked the story a lot and hence took up the project,” says Amoolya. Now that the actress is back to doing what she loves, she does not consider it as her second innings. “If you take my track record, I have done only one film every year. It is not like I am coming back after years. So you cant call it my second innings. Then this should be my sixth innings,” retorts Amoolya, who does not commit to all projects coming her way.
“I am studying now, which I am determined to complete. I don’t want to grab any fame by just doing films as I am here only for the passion for cinema. Not that I am in love with it completely. I take it as a hobby. This industry happened to me by accident. I got a chance and became famous. I have come back only for my fans who want to watch me on-screen. Just because I have committed to this film, doesn’t mean I will be doing a series of movies. I will take up projects that I like,” she asserts.
This film will see the hit jodi Ganesh and Amulya, though it will not see them on the same lines as their first film, Cheluvina. “My first film was quite a tragedy but this movie will be a total entertainer,” she says.
About her lead pair Ganesh, Amoolya says, “Another reason, I accepted this film is because today where ever I go, people ask me the same question, “Why don’t you do another film with Ganesh? Even today people address me as Aishu Maadesha. That’s why I want to work with Ganesh again. I am yet to speak to the star, which I will do in the near future,” she concludes.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS