Charity begins at home for Kannada Superstars
By Express Features
31st July 2012 03:25 PM
Though Shivarajkumar's 50th birthday celebration continues the whole month, coming August will see a different take. The Rajkumar family will be coming together for a social cause. A committee has been formed under 'Shivarajkumar Suvarana Mahotsava Abhinandana Samithi' with KP Shrikanth being the President and MS Ramesh, the head of Director's Association taking the initiative to celebrate the Hatrick Hero's birthday.
“We had fans celebrating Shivanna’s birthday by having blood donation camps. But coming August 8, the brothers - Shivarajkumar, Puneeth Rajkumar and Raghavendra Rajkumar along with Shivanna's wife Geetha will be coming together to donate 3 to 4 ambulances, 20 autos to unemployed youth, tailoring machines for young ladies and donating money to drought affected areas,” says Ramesh, whose task is to search for those who are in real need of a job or money.
“The family has decided to fund the entire amount for this social cause,” adds Ramesh. Apart from donating funds to the right people, the family also has plans to give away a sum of Rs 1 lakh to a few Kannada schools. “They also have plans to adopt a Kannada medium school, which they will announce on the day of the function. The whole industry will be present with senior artist Ambareesh also making his presence on this special day,” said Ramesh.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection