Poonam Pandey to dance dirty?
By Express Features
17th July 2012 03:35 PM
Looks like the makers of 'Dirty Picture - Silk Sakkath Maga' are not letting Rama Sene leader Pramod Muthalik get off them so easily. Even after the recent issue of Veena Malik, who plays the lead in the film, the makers have pushed themselves further to bring in Poonam Pandey for a special song.
Poonam was one of the Kingfisher Calendar girls for year 2011, who came into the limelight when she vowed to shed all her clothes if India lifts the World Cup trophy, for a special song.
“Knowing that she is hot property in B-Town, we want to bring her first to Sandalwood,” says Trishul, adding, “She has agreed to do the song. Discussions are on for her remuneration now.” Why is it that the makers of Dirty Picture... are hankering publicity by bringing down gals who are ready to bare or get skimpy on-screen? “There is lot of assumption about my film just because of the title, but it will also be clear when they see Veena Malik on screen. Just because these heroines are ready to bare all, does not mean that we are taking advantage of them. I want to show their talent. Instead of having the same old people, we want some new faces to get noticed,” he says.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion