Stars pat Sudeep, fans check on piracy
By Express Features
12th July 2012 10:23 AM
Eega is in the news for all the right reasons.
After gaining national mileage for its unique concept, the film has now been praised by none other than Superstar Rajinikanth.
While Sudeep and his fans were busy ensuring that there was a check on pirated CDs, the superstar called on him to say, “I thought I was the best villain till today. But you have beaten me.” For Sudeep, this was the best thing to happen in his film career. But there are others too who have heaped praise on him.
Top director Shankar, and stars like Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna have considered it as one-of-itskind film.
Overwhelmed by the response, Sudeep tweeted, “How lucky can I get than having Rajinikanth sir and Nagarjuna sir calling and appreciating my work. Having so many top names from Indian cinema tweeting about me and adoring. I’m really blessed. Thanks Rajamouli sir for making all this happen”.
Thanks to the publicity that Eega and Naan Ee, brought forth, pirated CDs are selling like hot cakes along with other latest Tollywood and Bollywood CDs.
Sudeep, and ardent supporter of the anti piracy initiative requested fans to watch the film in theatres.
- South block watch
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years