Psycho Anita now in Kannada 'Dirty Picture'
By A Sharadhaa, Express News Service
28th June 2012 09:04 AM
Pshyco starring Anita Bhat did not get a much deserved break to the actress though the song, Nina Poojyege Bandiyo Madheswara by Raghu Dixit is still in the minds of many people.
Now, after 4 years, she is back to play the second lead in Dirty Picture - Silk Sakkath Maga. “I play the a role of Ragini, a high profile escort, who came into the industry before Silk in the film. It is something on the lines of Chameli. I am also a friend of Silk where we share our good and bad times in entering the tinsel world,” she explains.
Asked whether taking up the role of a prostitute was difficult, she said, “It is a challenging character. In fact seeing my performance, director Trishul has extended the length of my role. Secondly, I was confident with Akshay who is the hero of the film as we both were partners for a dance reality show,” she says.
The actress who laid her hands on a number of films after her debut, was once given a false promise of she being the lead in the film Sugreeva, but ended up doing a guest appearance. Explaining the reason for being away from the industry for a long time, she said, “I was told that I was the leading lady in Sugreeva, which was more or less, a hero oriented film. But when I started shooting, I hardly had some four to five scenes. I felt I was cheated. That’s when I gave a full stop to limelight.” she revealed.
Having started shooting with Pakistani actress Veena Malik, Anita says, “I don’t know on what grounds, they call her a controversial queen. We never saw her making fuss about anything.
She is always to herself and never showed any tantrums on the sets. She thoroughly enjoyed eating the same food that everybody ate on the sets,” said Anita.
Today, she is back playing more or less a second lead in Dirty Picture... “Anyway cinema is not my bread and butter. I took it up only for the passion to be in films. I would have been happy playing the lead. But even this character has lot of weightage,” she says.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy