Diganth denies FIR allegations
By A Sharadhaa, TNIE
22nd June 2012 12:11 PM
A reverse gear caused all the trouble for actor Diganth, who is now facing a police complaint filed by a commoner. “It is quite shocking to learn that the person has gone and filed an FIR case against me when I was not even holding the steering. It was my driver who was driving and the car dashed the motorbike while he was taking a reverse gear,” he explains.
Diganth had to call in for an immediate press meet just to clarify on the matter. “The incident happened on Saturday night. Right then, I sorted out the issue with the person and in fact spoke to my secretary, Muthu and asked him to arrange to get the bike repaired,” he said.
According to the actor, the person filed the FIR after learning that the car belonged to a celebrity. “Looks like, I am paying a price of being a celebrity.
Till Monday morning, he was not aware that there was an Kannada actor in the car. After he learnt that I was a celebrity, he called and started blackmailing me to give him Rs 25,000 for the damages. Just because I did not adhere to his demand, he took the police route,” he said.
The person also claims that Diganth had consumed alcohol. "He told the media that I had consumed alcohol but he has not made any statement in the FIR, which clearly indicates that he is lying,” he asserts.
After all that, will the actor still think of helping the person?
“I will definitely cover the damages, which was caused and that is on humanitarian grounds. In fact my car ended up getting more damaged than his bike. I am sure, if I was not a celebrity, he would have forgotten the incident by now,” he says.
And, he has also learnt a lesson from this. “Next time, I will be more careful and send my driver for his mistake and I will not get trapped in the mess” he says.
Another accusation about Diganth is he being not reachable. “Though, I have my phones with me and my secretary handling my work, I have become disciplined and busy concentrating on my career,” says Diganth, adding, “I have kept aside all these charges and accusation raised against me because I am busy shooting for Kodi Ramakrishna’s film of 'Arundathi' fame and for the first time I am working with Ramya,” he says.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP