Love is in the air
By Y Maheswara Reddy
02nd March 2011 04:51 AM
Portraying timeless romance, betrayal and anguish, Shivarjun’s upcoming flick is based on real life incidents.
Hailing from Mandya, Shivarjun has worked as an associate for many directors since 2001. He has decided to make a film titled Cycle which will be based on his own love story.
A few years ago, he had acted in Bhakta, a love-oriented flick in which the hero sacrifices everything for the heroine but the latter opts for another person.
“I want to convey a message to the society through Cycle. The objective of this film is to create awareness among children to respect their parents and become self-reliant,” says Shivarjun.
Recalling his own love story, Shivarjun said that one needs to realise their responsibilities towards parents and learn to respect them wholeheartedly. “I had to waste a lot of money and time before realising that her preference is someone else. I was shocked when my lover told me that she was not in love with me. It took me many months to come out of it. My intention is to advise the youth to not get disappointed when their girl friends reject them,” explains Shivarjun.
Apart from acting, Shivarjun has handled the megaphone and composed music besides penning down lyrics for a couple of songs in this film. Harshika Poonacha, who made her debut as an actress with film PUC, is the lead in Cycle. Shooting was held in Bangalore, Chikmagalur and Dharmasthala for 37 days. It is set to hit the silver screen within two weeks. “As of now, rerecording work is in progress.
Recently, we organised the audio release function.
Many people have appreciated the quality of the lyrics and rhythm of the music. I expect the audience to encourage this film when it is released at theatres,” he adds.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection