Harshika strikes a fine balance
By Y Maheswara Reddy
26th June 2011 12:23 AM
It may not be an exaggeration to say that Harshika Poonacha is one of the few highly qualified artistes of Sandalwood. Her USP: readiness to accept film offers from directors, irrespective of whether the director is a newcomer or yet to established.
Harshika had the privilege of making debut in Sandalwood when she was a PUC (pre-university course) student.
Incidentally, the film’s title also happened to be ‘PUC’ with a tagline— ‘Please you see this film’. Though the film did not fare well, there was no dearth of offers for Harshika, who later acted with hat-trick hero Shivarajkumar (‘Tamassu’) and Crazy Star Ravichandran (‘Naariya Seere Kadha’).
Meanwhile, Harshika completed engineering at Cambridge Institute of Technology. “My lecturers and classmates encouraged me a lot. I have succeeded in managing both (studies and films) with their help,” she says.
Harshika had the chance to act in Telugu and Tamil films too. Her film ‘Murali Meets Meera’ is yet to be released. Shooting of her other film ‘Parie’ is expected to be completed shortly.
What are Harshika’s future plans? “I want learn filmmaking,’’ she smilingly signs off.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students