‘My daughter will be excited to see me as a cartoon!’
By Prashanti Ganesh
30th July 2012 02:41 PM
As post production work for the Rajini-starrer Kochadaiyaan is moving in top gear, actress and danseuse Shobana, who is part of the mega project, says that this is one of the best experiences that she has ever had. Shot with motion capture technology, this will be the first foray into animated cinemaspace for almost the entire cast. “I haven’t seen myself as an animated character yet and I am very excited about that. But what I’m most excited about is that my daughter will get the chance to see me as a cartoon,” she says.
“It was a completely different experience,” she says and excitedly adds, “It was all very technical and that is something that I’ve never done before. That was exactly why I wanted to be a part of it.” Though she hasn’t had the chance to see any of the completed portions of the period film yet, Shobana says she’s mighty pleased with the little she’s seen so far. “I saw one of the dance sequences and if that’s any indicator of how the rest of the film is going to be, it is going to be great,” she says with conviction.
Kochadaiyaan, which has Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone as the leading lady, is slated for a December release to coincide with Rajinikanth’s 63rd birthday. The audio of the film is expected to be released in September in Tokyo.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Berth pangs of MLCs first test for new CM
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players