‘I want to call the shots one day’
By Aswathy K, ENS - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
09th October 2012 11:43 AM
Even with a professional degree and a high paying job in Bangalore, Soumya was not happy with her life. She always had this creative bone in her which wished to pursue a career in films.
So after her four year stint as the team manager in Aditya Birla Minacs, she packed her bags to pursue her dreams. And now this pretty lass is making her debut through Rajeevnath’s ‘David & Goliath’.
Ask her how did she ended into films, she says, “I always wanted to work in a creative field. And I happened to act in an album song for my friend, that Jayasurya got to see in a channel. He called me for this project.” Soumya will play the lady love of Jayasurya’s character David in the film.
About the character she says: “I play the character of a village belle in the film and the story revolves around a church and few people who are closely associated with it.” . In the movie ‘David & Goliath’ Jayasurya and Anoop Menon will seen donning the title characters.
For Soumya acting was never in the agenda as her real dream was to adorn the director’s cap. “I always aspire to be a director and from Bangalore I came back to Kerala mainly to learn direction. So as part of learning, I worked as an assistant director for the movie ‘Cinema Company’ and I have also been part ‘Jawan of Vellimala’,” says Soumya who is also associating for ‘David & Goliath’. Ask her how she manages acting and direction, she says, “I like direction and working behind the camera more. Though as a kid I used to act in front of mirrors, acting before camera is altogether a new experience. While acting the most important thing is timing. The expressions should come in the right time and it is rather difficult unless you are an experienced actor like Mohanlal and Mammootty.”
Ask her whether one can see her in the director’s cap soon, she says, “Right now I am flowing with the tide, but if some good script comes my way, I will definitely direct it. Till then I am gaining whatever experience I can get from the industry.”
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture