'Satyamev Jayate' had huge impact: Imran Khan
By IANS - MUMBAI
09th August 2012 02:34 PM
Actor Imran Khan believes his uncle Aamir Khan's TV show "Satyamev Jayate", which brought social issues to the fore, has had a great impact on the society.
"It has had an impact... Some people, of course don't agree with what he is saying or doing. But they are talking about it," the 29-year-old said here.
The 13-episode show, aired on Star Plus, ended July 29. It touched upon sensitive issues like female foeticide, education, dowry and corruption in the medical field.
"He has raised issues which people were not previously talking about. It has raised issues to a national level. I don't think there can be a bigger impact than this," he added.
Following the success of the first season, a second season is in the pipeline.
Meanwhile, Imran is shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj's "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola".
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students