Sanjay Dutt's niece debuts in Hindi
By Mrinalini Sundar
04th August 2012 12:10 PM
There are a lot of expectations when you are Sanjay Dutt’s niece and the grand niece of the late Nargis Dutt. But Nazia Hussain is content with taking baby steps in the film industry, courtesy 'Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai'.
Produced by Aradhana Films ('Amar Prem', 'Howrah Bridge', 'Aradhana', 'Evening in Paris'), the romantic drama also stars Aditya Samanta, the grandson of Shakti Samanta.
In the movie, which has a rather old fashioned plot — boy meets girl, falls in love and realises they come from the same village from rival families — Hussain plays a traditional girl. “I play Karishma Rathore, who is from a well to do family in Rajasthan,’’ she explains, adding that the movie is different in treatment and with an unpredictable climax. A fan of 'Jodhaa Akbar' (2008), Hussain looks forward to mythological and historical movies.
“There are a lot of newcomers in the industry, the latest being Diana Penty in 'Cocktail'. I am confident about myself and I know I stand out in my own way,” says the 21-year-old. While she looks to Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan for inspiration, movies are hardly a topic of conversation with her famous uncle.
“He is so busy, it is tough to catch him,’’ she confides, adding, ‘‘I have grown up watching his movies and I have enough people to advise me about my roles and acting.” Her dream role? ‘‘I would have loved to be a part of Mani Ratnam’s 'Dil Se'. I also love movies with A R Rahman’s music.’’
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers