Emraan is USP of 'Jannat 2': Esha Gupta
25th April 2012 02:36 PM
MUMBAI: Model-turned-actress Esha Gupta, who is set to make her Bollywood debut with "Jannat 2", says her co-star Emraan Hashmi is one of the main attractions of the film.
"It's a Bhatt camp (Mukesh and Mahesh Bhatt) film. You know, the film is going to be amazing because of the music. Thanks to Pritam (Chakraborty), we have got amazing music already and the star already, you know, Emraan Hashmi! What else do you think is the USP of the film," the 26-year-old said here.
"Jannat 2" is a sequel to the 2008-film "Jannat" and is set to hit theatres May 4.
According to earlier reports, actress Jacqueline Fernandez was supposed to play the role, which ultimately went to Esha. But the debutante says she is lucky to have bagged the film, directed by Kunal Deshmukh.
"Yes, that's what even I read that Jackie (Jacqueline) was supposed to do it (the film). But for some reason of hers or the director, it didn't work out. As I say... whoever gets it, it's their good luck," said Esha who was crowned Miss India International in 2007.
She also featured in the Kingfisher calendar.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Dravid to retire from IPL?