'Rajesh Khanna more than fine'
22nd June 2012 03:37 PM
Bollywood's beloved 'Kaka' Rajesh Khanna, who has not been keeping well, is now more than fine, his family said.
"He's more than fine. He is absolutely fine. Thank you for your concern," Rajesh Khanna's son-in-law, actor Akshay Kumar told reporters outside Khanna's bungalow Ashirwad in Bandra here.
Akshay's comment came after the 69-year-old veteran's manager Ashwin said that the actor had stopped food intake for the "last three or four days".
Worried fans lined up outside his house, and India's first superstar Rajesh Khanna happily obliged by waving to them and showing them the 'V' for victory sign from the balcony of his house. He was dressed in a crisp white kurta, a stole and dark shades.
With a heavily bearded look, he appeared weak, but seemed to be in high spirits as he sported the same smile which in his heydays made millions of his female fans' hearts skip a beat.
He was accompanied by his estranged wife Dimple Kapadia, who takes regular care of him nowadays, as well as Akshay, who is married to his elder daughter Twinkle.
While Twinkle is expecting her second baby, her younger sister Rinke has flown down to Mumbai to be with her ailing father.
The actor began his career with "Aakhri Khat" in 1966. He became a popular name with his work in films like "Raaz", "Do Raaste" and "Aradhana" and was crowned "superstar" after he delivered 15 consecutive solo super hits.
In April, he was admitted to a hospital due to a brief health scare.
He recently featured in a TV commercial for Havell's fan.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Shun hatred to live with peace