Sylvester Stallone blackmailed by his sister
By IANS - LOS ANGELES
25th January 2013 01:13 PM
Actor Sylvester Stallone handed over millions of dollars to his late sister at the height of his fame after she blackmailed him and threatened to wreck his career.
Stallone's half-sibling, Toni-Ann Filiti, died of lung cancer last year at the age of 48 and it has now emerged her famous brother handed her a multi-million dollar sum in the 1980s, reports contactmusic.com.
A representative for Stallone has confirmed the payout and revealed the money was handed over after Filiti blackmailed him with a series of false allegations of physical abuse.
"Unfortunately, celebrities, politicians and athletes frequently find themselves the targets of blackmail efforts by family members and associates who fabricate claims in order to extort payments from them," the spokesperson told gossip column Page Six.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out