Tarun Tahiliani enters the tech space
By IANS - NEW DELHI
19th July 2012 10:18 AM
After giving some remarkable
trends to the fashion world, ace designer Tarun Tahiliani has now forayed into technology. He has designed a limited edition television sets in collaboration with Vu TV.
The Tahiliani designed TV set is titled "Vu - Tarun Tahiliani Couture TV" and will be unveiled at the fourth edition of the Tarun Tahiliani Couture Exposition July 25-28.
"Televisions are now such a big part of everyone's lives, so we wanted to create a TV that was a thing of beauty even when it was turned off. We wanted to create an object of desire that isn't just functional," Tahiliani told IANS.
When asked about the design aesthetic, the designer says that the design will be subtle and elegant.
"I love working with (net) jali's or unusual ornamental patterns constructed through the use of calligraphy and geometry, and I thought this was the perfect canvas. The VU Technologies TV is also designed with latticework in dull Swarovski Elements making it subtle yet conversational", added Tahiliani.
Devita Saraf, CEO, Vu Technologies said: "We believe in innovating and re-defining luxury electronics," and that "the unique televisions emphasize luxury, opulence and a strong customer focus".
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15