Italian fashion house sold to Qatari royals
14th July 2012 03:09 PM
Italian fashion brand Valentino has been sold to Qatari royals - Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C. - for an undisclosed amount.
Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C., an investment company backed by a major private investor group from Qatar, has acquired Valentino Fashion Group S.P.A. and they are looking forward to "exploit the full potential" of the brand and turn it into a "luxury goods powerhouse".
"Valentino has always been a brand of unique creativity and undisputed prestige," femalefirst.co.uk quoted a spokesperson of Mayhoola as saying.
"...Our vision is to back management for the long term to exploit the full potential of this exciting brand. We believe Valentino is ideally suited to form the basis for a global luxury goods powerhouse," the spokesperson added.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)