Tom Cruise to buy house in New York
By IANS - NEW YORK
24th July 2012 11:39 AM
Actor Tom Cruise is set to buy a new house here so he can spend more time with his daughter Suri after estranged wife Katie Holmes decided to
make the city her permanent home. "Tom's looking for a new home here. He wants a fresh start. He doesn't want to go back to the East Village apartment where he was living with Katie," femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
"He's looking for something that's very private where he won't have to deal with going through a lobby, and people outside all the time," said the source. The 50-year-old has told friends his main concern is having enough space for Suri to play in.
"He also wants to have a nice amount of space for Suri, with outdoor space. That could mean high-end luxury apartments, but he's also looking at houses outside of the city or in gated communities," said a friend. Holmes filed for divorce last month after five years of marriage and they agreed on their divorce settlement within a matter of weeks, with her getting primary custody of Suri and Cruise being granted visitation rights.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid