Hairstyling now eligible for Oscars
By Associated Press
29th June 2012 12:03 PM
LOS ANGELES: Hollywood hairstylists are now officially eligible for the industry's most coveted hardware: the Oscar.
The film academy said on Thursday that the Academy Award for makeup will now be known as the makeup and hairstyling award.
Other new rules for the 85th annual Academy Awards clarify technical requirements for awards in the foreign language and visual effects categories. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Board of Governors also voted to allow additional songwriters to be considered in the original song category.
Oscar rules are reviewed annually.
The 85th Academy Awards will be presented February 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre and broadcast live around the world.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner