David Arquette files for divorce from Courtney Cox
By Associated Press
13th June 2012 11:19 AM
LOS ANGELES: Court records show David Arquette has filed for divorce from actress Courtney Cox Arquette. The actor cited irreconcilable differences in his petition to end the couple's 12-year marriage.
Arquette filed the petition on Friday in Los Angeles and the paperwork indicates he is self-represented. A publicist for the actor declined to comment and the Cox Arquette camp could not be immediately reached.
The 40-year-old actor is traveling overseas and had a bar mitzvah ceremony at Jerusalem's Western Wall on Monday.
Arquette and Cox have a 7-year-old daughter and the actor is seeking joint custody. The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
They announced their separation in October 2010, but Arquette's filing lists the separation date as December 31, 2011. It does not include any other details, but indicates Arquette signed the documents on March 23.
"We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter and we still love each other deeply," the former couple wrote in a statement released after their separation.
Cox gained widespread fame for her role on the TV comedy "Friends" and currently stars in ABC's "Cougar Town." Arquette is an executive producer of that show and has appeared in numerous films, including "Never Been Kissed" and "3000 Miles to Graceland."
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- ‘Papi hills’ going the sex tourism way?
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)