'Life of Pi' wins best original score Golden Globe
By IANS - LOS ANGELES
14th January 2013 11:01 AM
Composer Mychael Danna won the best original score motion picture award for "Life of Pi" at the 70th edition of the prestigious annual Golden Globe awards here.
Danna beat Alexandre Desplat ("Argo"), Dario Marianelli ("Anna Karenina"), Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, Reinhold Heil ("Cloud Atlas") and John Williams ("Lincoln") to walk away with the prestigious trophy at a glitzy gala Sunday night.
Directed by Ang Lee, "Life of Pi" is based on Canadian author Yann Martel's Man Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name. It is about the journey of an Indian boy who survives a storm and is left on a life-boat with a tiger.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers