Lindsay Lohan arrested over hit and run claim
By IANS - NEW YORK
20th September 2012 01:00 PM
Actress Lindsay Lohan has been arrested for allegedly clipping a pedestrian with her car and fleeing the scene.
The 26-year-old was detained by police officers here after the low-speed accident in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, reports contactmusic.com.
Lohan was pulling her Porsche Cayenne into a parking space in downtown Manhattan when she collided with a man standing nearby, hitting his knee, reports tmz.com.
As a passenger in the car checked the damage, Lohan is alleged to have walked to her nearby hotel, prompting a witness to call cops.
Officers arrived at the location and arrested Lohan outside the hotel, and she was later booked for leaving the scene of an accident. She has since been released from custody.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- 'Sreesanth confesses to spot-fixing charge'
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt