CBSE schools to come under fee fixation panel
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
08th August 2012 12:14 PM
The schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) too will come under the purview of the proceedings dated May 27 2011, of the Private School Fee Determination Committee constituted by the Tamil Nadu government, the Madras High Court was informed on Tuesday.
In its common counter-affidavit filed through additional government pleader P Sanjay Gandhi, in response to a batch of writ petitions from the CBSE schools challenging the 2011 proceedings, School Education Special Officer submitted that mere affiliation of the school to the CBSE syllabus would not exclude such schools from the application of the provisions of the TN Schools (Regulation of Collection of Fee) Act, 2009. The CBSE is a registered society, but not established by any law. It is an examination body conducting the exams. All CBSE schools were required to follow the rules and instructions of the State government.
All the schools imparting education in Tamil Nadu are subject to the provisions of the Regulation of the State Act. Hence, the allegation of violation of Articles 16(4), 19(1)(g) and 26 was incorrect and untrue, AGP Gandhi added.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection