Sneha contributes in different ways
By Diana Sahu
10th December 2012 12:00 AM
Sneha Mitra a second-year English student of Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, feels volunteering is something she does for the cause of the society. She volunteers for city-based NGOs when she gets time off her academic activities.
Her most recent assignment was a global campaign under Inspiration Unlimited, an international NGO, to reduce the use of plastic and polythene bags and replace them with newspaper bags. They conducted a bag making workshop for students of Buxi Jagabandhu English Medium (BJEM) School “We are trying to spread the message of recycling. Creation of resources can be high only when we reduce wastage,” says Sneha.
She was also associated as a coordinator with the recently-concluded Anjali Children’s Festival. “I have not associated myself full-time with any local organisation in particular. I work for them whenever any good project comes along and I am very satisfied,” she says.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15