Bangladesh women beat South Africa in T20 opener
By IANS - DHAKA
12th September 2012 12:18 PM
Bangladesh women defeated South Africa by seven wickets in the opener of their three-match T20 cricket series to take a 1-0 lead here Tuesday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Batting first, the South African women set a target of 105 runs in their stipulated 20 overs losing six wickets, reports Xinhua.
As per the Duckworth-Lewis method, Bangladesh were set 73 runs in 13 overs to win the match that was curtailed due to rain. Bangladesh women chased down the target in 12.1 overs with seven wickets in hand.
South Africa's S.M. Benade took one wicket and two Bangladesh batswomen were run out.
Bangladesh's Salma Khatun took two wickets to help the hosts restrict South African to a modest total earlier in the match.
Benade was the top scorer with 37 runs from the visiting side. Bangladesh batswoman Salma Khatun was the highest scorer with 27 runs.
The hosts will play the second T20 match against South Africa Wednesday and the last match on Sep 14.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover