Edwards replaces Rampaul for Jamaica Test
By IANS - KINGSTON (Jamaica)
31st July 2012 03:50 PM
West Indies fast bowler speedster Fidel Edwards has
replaced injured Ravi Rampaul in the 13-man West Indies squad for the second
and final Test against New Zealand starting here Thursday.
Fast bowler Rampaul took four wickets in the first Test which the West Indies won by nine wickets in St John's Sunday, but has been ruled out with a groin problem.
It is the only change to the squad which arrived here Monday to start preparation for the match at Sabina Park.
Edwards is the most experienced of all the current West Indies pacers with 158 wickets from 54 Tests.
Team: Darren Sammy (captain), Denesh Ramdin (vice captain), Adrian Barath, Tino Best, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Kieran Powell, Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals