Sri Lanka set 252 runs target for India
By Associated Press - COLOMBO
31st July 2012 02:42 PM
Manoj Tiwary assumed the role of the main strike bowler for India, taking a career-best four wickets to help restrict Sri Lanka to a competitive 251 for eight in the fourth one-day intrenational on Tuesday.
Tiwary, who was called up to the side for his batting, took the prized wickets of Dinesh Chandimal (28), Anjelo Mathews (14), Jeewan Mendis (17) and Thisara Perera 2) to finish with figures of 4-61.
Opener Upul Tharanga scored the only half-century for the Sri Lankans who batted first after winning the toss.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP