Bopara out of England squad for 2nd test vs. SA
By AP - LONDON
30th July 2012 01:52 PM
James Taylor has replaced Ravi Bopara in the 13-man England squad to
face South Africa in the second test at Headingley that starts on Thursday.
The England and Wales cricket board says Bopara is unavailable "for personal reasons." Bopara struggled in the first test, an innings defeat at The Oval, where he was dismissed for nought and made 22.
Taylor made his England debut in 2011 in a one-day international against Ireland. The 22-year-old Nottinghamshire batsman has yet to play a test for England.
England selector Geoff Miller says Sunday: "This is a talented squad with plenty of international experience and they will be determined to improve on the performance during the first test."
Squad: Andrew Strauss (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Steven Finn, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Graeme Swann, James Taylor, Jonathan Trott.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala