KP gets cautioned inside loo!
By PTI - RANCHI
22nd January 2013 10:49 AM
There is nothing unusual about being cautioned by a match referee but what sets apart maverick England star Kevin Pietersen's case is that it happened inside the toilet of the airport here!
Pietersen was informally cautioned by match referee Andy Pycroft for showing dissent against an umpire's decision after he stayed glued to the crease for quite a few seconds following his dismissal, which looked dubious in replays, during the lost third one-dayer against India last Saturday.
"Kevin and I were spoken to in the gents. So that was a very nice scene, my first meeting with a match referee!" coach Ashley Giles said.
"We've got to be careful with reactions to decisions and Andy was right to speak to Kev. But I think common sense prevailed. It was just a little word."
Pietersen was adjudged caught behind by umpire S Ravi off Ishant Sharma for 17.
Giles felt the match referee did the right thing and players have to be cautious.
"Andy was right to speak to Kev," Giles admitted.
"But I think common sense prevailed. I didn't think it was a reaction, more disappointment from Kev.
"But we've got to be careful with reactions to decisions. It's tough for the umpires here, it's so loud that decision making is tough. We understand that."
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15