Diana sizzles in Hyderabad’s win
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
11th November 2012 10:30 AM
All-rounder Diana David hit an unbeaten 57 and grabbed five wickets for 17 with her off-spin as Hyderabad trounced Karnataka by 71 runs to record their fourth successive win in the Senior South Zone women’s cricket championship on Saturday. Batting first, Hyderabad mustered 167 for 9 in 50 overs and then bowled out Karnataka for 116 in 47.4 overs. Tamil Nadu defeated Kerala by 15 runs while Goa downed Andhra by two wickets.
Hyderabad 167 for 9 in 50 overs (Diana David 56 not out, Sravanti Krishna Murthy 35; Vandan V Mahajan 3/19, Vanitha 2 for 26) bt Karnataka 116 in 47.4 overs (Karuna Jain 50; Diana David 5 for 17, S Krishna Murthy 4/11).
Andhra 206 for 5 in 50 overs (Ch Jhansi Lakshmi 49, PV Sudharani 47, BV Satyavani 30, S Meghana 24, S Monika Sai 23 not out; Sunanda Yetrakar 2/43) lost to Goa 207 for 8 in 49.5 overs (Resha Rawal 53, Sunanda Yetraka 53, Shika Pandey 29;Jhansi Lakshmi 2/40).
Tamil 191 for 5 in 50 overs ((MD Thruskhamini 59, Nagarjan Niranjana 46, V Vilasini 36; S Asha 2/44) bt Kerala 176 for 9 in 50 overs ((Maria Benny 51, Viji Thomas 23; Thiruskamini 3/27).
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Gurunath Meiyappan neither CSK owner nor Team Principal: India Cements