Prashanth, Prabhu bowl rovers to victory
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
08th October 2012 10:20 AM
Prashanth K Varma (5-37) and M Prabhu (3-44) starred in Jolly Rovers’ 186-run victory over Indian Bank in the final round of the TNCA First Division League at IIt-Chemplast on Sunday. Set a target of 296, Indian Bank were bowled out for 109, with D Rohit (30) being the only notable contributor.
In another match, Sreekumar Nair’s 182 helped Grand Slam declare at 474-8. In reply, Globe Trottters were in a spot of bother at 153-5.
At IIT-Chemplast: Jolly Rovers 160 & 167-6 decl in 53 overs (R Nilesh Subramaniam 40, M Prabhu 27, Ashwin Venkataraman 46 no, P Francis Rokins 32 no, K Vignesh 2-61, M Shahrukh Khan 3-47) bt Indian Bank S & RC 32 & 109 in 50.3 overs (D Rohit 38, M Prabhu 3-44, Prashanth K Varma 5-37). Points: Jolly Rovers 8 (48), IB 0 (12).
At Pachaiyappa’s A: Grand Slam CC 474-8 decl (Sreekumar Nair 182, B Aparajith 68, Vijay Shankar 144, Hemang Badani 28 no, MS Washington Sundar 4-63, W Anthony Dhas 2-47, V Prahladh Ram 2-74) vs Globe Trotters SC 153-5 in 59 overs (X Thalaivan Sargunam 37, S Dinesh 50, Rahil Shah 2-33, B Aparajith 2-28).
At IC-Guru Nanak: Vijay CC 312 in 124.4 overs (R Rohith 90, M Kaushik Gandhi 49, K Shrivasudevadas 39, Rohan Prem 28, M Srinivasan 31, SK Balaji 4-49, P Sakthi 2-90) vs Alwarpet CC 149 in 49.5 overs (M Lakshminarayanan 40 no, SP Nathan 37, SK Balaji 26, S Sureshkumar 6-50, A Aswin Crist 2-20) & 4-0 in five overs.
At Murugappa: Aruna CC 377 in 131.1 overs (B Rahul 79, Shikhar Hukku 76, R Amith Singh 70, V Aaditya 28, Akkil Srinath 41, R Rohith 34, R Karthikeyan 4-136, M Bilva Prasath 3-31) vs TI Cycles S & RC 168-6 in 46 overs (M Santosh Gopi 29, Athiraj Shandilya 88,K Mani Bharathy 25 no, Deepak Singh 3-35, P Akash Ram 2-30).
At SRMC (Turf): Young Stars CC 170 & 240-7 in 65 overs (M Praveen Srivatsan 47, K Martin Sanjeev 40, Wilkins Victor 52,M Mohammed 2-21, AC Prathiban 2-70) vs India Pistons CC 149 in 54.5 overs (M Ashwin 27, B Goutham 2-23, D Tamil Kumaran 7-27).
At CPT-IP: UFCC (T Nagar) CC 488-8 declared in 138 overs (V Ganga Sridhar Raju 84, M Kamalesh 69, Adithya Ganesh 97, B Indrajith 94, R Prasanna 76, S Sharath 40 no, J Joel Joseph 2-146) vs IOB Staff Club 156-4 in 40 overs (T Atchutha Rao 25, K Bharath Reddy 55, MR Muthupandi 52 no, B Indrajith 2-36).
Jeppiaar Institute of Tech Claim 2 Titles
Jeppiaar Institute of Technology men and women emerged winners in the state level Inter-collegiate basketball tournament conducted by Parisuththam College of Engineering, Thanjavur last week. In the men’s final, Jeppiaar Institute beat Karunya University, Coimbatore, 52-33 while the women remained unbeaten in the five team round robin league to take the top spot. Mr. Marie Wilson, Director, Jeppiaar Institute of Technology felicitated the players.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links