Sangakkara praises Steyn
By N Jagannath Das
21st May 2012 01:57 AM
HYDERABAD: Deccan Chargers skipper Kumar Sangakkara admitted that Dale Steyn made the big difference in his team’s stunning nine-run win over Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday.
“It always feels great to win especially at the end of a tournament which we didn’t do too well. The guys played really well today. Steyn is a fantastic bowler. He is a crucial part of the team. He produced such an outstanding spell today. His spell infused confidence in the other bowlers and they responded well to the challenge. It is always nice to have Steyn in the side as he is fun to be with,” said a smiling Sangakkara.
Asked what went into mind when Chris Gayle was hammering his bowlers, Sangakkara said: “There is nothing really one can do when Chris (Gayle) is batting. There was nothing wrong with Manpreet Gony’s bowling but Chris is so good that he took a heavy toll of even very good balls.
“When Chris gets going there is nothing that a bowler or captain can do. The bowler can only bowl in the right areas and let Chris do the rest – either to hit it out of the ground or get out.”
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling