Sachin's records will be broken one day: Kapil
By IANS - KOLKATA
08th July 2012 06:11 PM
Praising Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar for his disciplined life and dedication to the game, former Indian skipper Kapil Dev Sunday said the maestro's records will also be broken one day.
"When we were playing we used to think that whether the future will see any greater batsman than Sunil Gavaskar. But we were wrong. There have been greater players than Gavaskar. Because the game of cricket is bigger than any player."
"Sachin has played brilliantly throughout the career and has accumulated huge records but his records will also be broken one day because this is cricket," Kapil said.
Kapil, who was in the city to address a programme of 'Aakash Institute', said dedication, discipline and self confidence were the three key factors that makes a person successful.
"During the end of my cricket career there was a lot of hype regarding two young talents: one was Sachin Tendulkar and the other one was Vinod Kambli.
"Both of them were very talented. But now look where Sachin has reached. Kambli couldn't make it big because of his lack of discipline," he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas