Matsyathozhilali Federation takes out Secretariat march
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
09th August 2012 11:36 AM
Raising various demands such as withdrawal of licenses given to foreign ships, ensuring safety at sea, compensation for fishermen whose fishing nets were destroyed by marine creatures and taking action against Government Chief Whip who insulted the fishermen, fishermen led by the Matsyathozhilali Federation CFTUI took out a Secretariat March.
They said that development should take into account the hardships of the working class. Inaugurating the march T N Prathapan said that moves to construct concrete jungles by destroying the forests, paddylands and the sea would be resisted at any cost.
He said that agitations for the protection of environment would have the support and participation of the fishermen.
Federation president Nelson Issac, secretary Elizabeth Antony, Anto Elias, Valleriyan Issac, Freeska Kurushappan, Girly John, Beemapally Sherafudeen Shamsudeen, Veli Raveendran, Bindu Mohanan, Mebin Nasiyan and Vizhinjam Khader spoke.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links