Father kills daughter, commits suicide
By S Viswanathan - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
08th August 2012 11:06 AM
In a shocking incident, a father killed his seven-year-old physically challenged daughter and then committed suicide at Kalimukku near Avanavancherry on Tuesday. 42-year-old Jyothish killed his daughter Ammu and then hanged himself in his bedroom.
According to Attingal police, Jyothish had committed the act out of mental strain and desperation as both of his daughters were born with incurable physical disabilities. The elder girl child who has been lying bedridden for long had recently died.
It is said that Jyothish was in a sulky mood ever since. The dead bodies were spotted in the bedroom of the house. Police said that Jyothish first hanged his daughter from the cross bar of the window and later committed suicide in the same manner. Jyothish is survived by his wife Mini.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP