Achuthanandan flays Thachankary’s posting
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
05th August 2012 10:35 AM
Opposition Leader V S Achuthanandan has termed appointment of Tomin Thachankary at the Police headquarters as a challenge to the judicial system, especially since the High Court had repeatedly directed that people who were facing criminal charges should be exempted from the Police force.
Achuthanandan said that Vigilance had already chargesheeted Thachankary for amassing wealth disproportionate to his sources of income and the Union Government had also given permission for this trial.
Achuthanandan alleged that Oommen Chandy has been trying to help out Thachankary and get him appointed in high posts. Even when the Government decided to withdraw Thachankary’s suspension, the NIA inquiry was just half-way and Chandy has justified it saying thatit was on the directive of the Union Home Ministry. However, the Union Ministry itself later clarified that it was not true. It was following this that Thachankary was suspended again. In between, he was given appointment and even promotion. Asking Thachankary to look after human rights is irony, Achuthanandan said.
It was India’s ambassador to Kuwait who had first complained about the alleged relationship of Thachankary with anti-national forces. Details about his illegal foreign accounts were given by the present Chief whip to the State Government. If all these complaints were false, the CM should be open and tell the public about it, Achuthanandan said.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Knowledge and faith
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers