George asked to control his words
By Arun Jayan / ENS - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
05th August 2012 10:50 AM
UDF convenor PP Thankachan has asked Chief Whip P C George to act in a mature manner. “It is high time that George realised the worth of the position he is holding and acted with maturity. He should control his words and not go beyond limits when he is criticising someone. It is unfortunate that George ridiculed Prathapan by commenting on his caste,” said Thankachan.
Senior Congress leader K Muraleedharan also criticised George saying that he should stop creating unnecessary controversies which could hamper the unity of the ruling front. ‘’He should stop scoring self-goal and concentrate on the position that he is holding,” he said. Congress spokesperson M M Hassan also supported the Congress MLAs who came out criticising George. George, who locked horns with Forest Minister and KC(B) leader KB Ganesh Kumar in the Assembly and in the last UDF meet, has now also invited the wrath the majority of Congress MLAs. Responding to an article by Prathapan, George had said that Prathapan who belongs to Dheevara caste should try to learn the problems of fishermen and that he (George) as the son of a farmer would continue to intervene in farmers’ problems.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling