By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
04th August 2012 11:38 AM
Several vehicles, including that of the police, were attacked soon after the district administration withdrew from its effort to transport machinery to the Vilappilsala garbage treatment plant. The large police posse comprising 2,000 personnel which camped at Vilappilsala from Friday morning maintained restraint despite provocations. Rural SP A J Thomaskutty said that the vehicles were damaged by some anti-social elements and not the agitators.
The glasses of a bus and two jeeps of the police and an omni van which brought personnel from Pathanamthitta broke in stone-pelting. Around three bikes were also damaged by the assailants.
A woman Circle Inspector and four women civil police officers suffered minor injuries. ‘’The personnel got injured in the scuffle while arresting the agitators,’’ Thomaskutty said.
The police have registered a case against around 10,000 persons who could be identified for preventing the district administration from executing the High Court verdict.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet