‘Poets can’t react like newspapers’
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:
31st July 2012 12:34 PM
You cannot expect a reaction from a poet the way newspapers come up with editorials on a debated issue, poet O N V Kurup said, while inaugurating the ‘kavi sammelanam’ organised by Kerala University Union at the Senate Chamber on Monday. A poet’s creation is his response, his faith and his dream, he added.
The poet then recited a poem dedicated to the memory of singer Mehdi Hassan, saying it was his reaction to the singer’s demise. Poet Neelamperur Madhusoodhanan Nair, who recited the poem ‘Kudiyozhiyathavan’, said that the poems against establishment were once many, but very few these days.
P Narayana Kurup’s poem on the Kerala model of cleanliness which mocked at the garbage issue generated laughter in the audience.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter